Valuation Intangible Assets & Intellectual Property
Valuation of Intangible Assets
The concept of valuation of intellectual property and other intangible assets of a company is new as compared to age-old concepts of intellectual property (IPR) law. Lately, as technology is continuously evolving, it is driving changes in the global economy. There are many companies, especially those that are technology based, finding that their value is highly influence by Intellectual property and Intangible Assets owned by them. The result is that the concept of valuation of IP is evolving worldwide.
There are mainly three methods of valuation of IP.
- Cost Based Approach: It considers the cost to replace the utility of the actual intellectual property.
- Market Based Approach: It is based on observations of actual third-party transactions of comparable intellectual property to determine a market price
- Income Approach: It is based on future projected cash flows related to the IP.
We have the expertise to help clients estimate and assign the value to their Intangible assets using suitable valuation approaches and methodologies which are globally recognized, after adequate analysis and following recognised practices and processes.
We can help you in:
- Intangible Valuations
- Valuation for Business Combinations (Ind AS 103)
- Purchase Price Allocation
- Joint-venture negotiations
- Licensing and Franchising Valuation